Tabs

Search This Blog

Friday 21 July 2017

Ink It! Stamp It! Design Team Blog Hop - Technique


Hello! Hello!   Welcome to another Ink It! Stamp It! Blog Hop.
This month we are focusing on and sharing a technique and for those that know
me well......you would know that I love nothing more than 
getting all inky and messy.

So, naturally I have decided to share an inky technique with you today.

I had note personally done this technique before today but I have seen
it or something similar done before.

As you can see in my photos......it's messy......but it's also a whole lot of fun!!


To begin I wiped my largest acrylic block with a baby wipe....leaving it moist and I 
then dropped spots of my favourite colour ink selection.


I then spritzed them with some water and swirled the block around a bit 
to help it all mix and blend together.


Then I grabbed a precut piece of the New Glossy White Cardstock 
and layed it shiny side down on my inky mess.  Then you can somewhat
slide you piece of cardstock off to give you a smudgy appearance.


You can then use the leftover ink on some spare pieces to 
make some extra cards.  I let the cards sit for a bit to somewhat 
dry and then wipe over with a baby wipe....as little or as much
as you desire.  You could leave them to dry as they are....but 
I was feeling impatient and really liked the look I got anyway.


Then finally I mounted on some matching/co-ordinating cardstock.
I then heat embossed with Copper Embossing Powder onto
some Vellum.......and Voila!!!


Here is my creation......I am actually really happy with how it turned out
and look forward to trying and playing with some other colours and 
techniques.  

I hope you have enjoyed this as much as I did making it.  Remember to check
out all the other beautiful creations and techniques that my fellow
bloggers have come up with and I sure hope you get some
inspiration from what you see.

Thanks so much for stopping by.

Happy Inkin' and Keep Smiling!!!

Vicki xxx


No comments:

Post a Comment