Tabs

Search This Blog

Friday 19 January 2018

Ink It! Stamp It! Design Team Blog Hop - Embossing Paste Technique


Hello and Welcome to yet another Ink It! Stamp It!
Design Team Blog Hop - This month's theme is Technique and I
am showing you one of my favourite techniques......Embossing with Paste.

I love anything and everything Embossing....be it....Heat, Dry or Paste.
It is always so much fun and always gives great texture to your projects.

The Embossing Paste (141979) from Stampin' Up!® is perfect for 
adding a bit of texture,  you can use it as it is in the White or
just by adding a little ink you can change it to a colour that co-ordinates
perfectly with your colours....just as I have done today.

The first step is to add a small amount of paste to a scrap piece of plastic
or something similar.

Then add a couple of drops of the ink colour you are needing and mix
well with a spatula. Add more ink or embossing paste to achieve the 
desired colour.
I then like to place the card front onto some scrap paper and stick 
the masks down over the top....here you can see I have used some
old washi tape.  Then smear the paste over the top of the mask, making
sure to add it to the area you wish to cover.  I chose a more rough
textured look but you can smooth it over for a cleaner outcome.

While the paste is still wet remove the mask and allow it to dry properly
before adding anything to your card front.....time will vary depending on the
thickness of your embossing paste.

Once the embossing paste was fully dry I think went over the top of the clouds with
some Wink of Stella to make them sparkle a little......and well you know
how much I love that stuff.

Here is my final result.
I am really happy with the way this turned out.....the clouds have texture
and a little sparkle and the balloon cut out adds even more texture.

Thank you for hopping along with us today and be sure to click on the list
of names below to see what all the other talented people on the team have 
shared.  I sure hope you learn a few new things.

Happy Hoppin'

Vicki xxx



No comments:

Post a Comment