Tabs

Search This Blog

Friday 20 April 2018

Ink It! Stamp It! Design Team - Technique


Hello Hello Hello again.....Today I am playing along with the 
Ink It! Stamp It! Design Team again.....This month we are showing off
one of our favourite techniques.....Mine is Watercolouring.

It's not Watercolouring as you would normally expect to see it.

I like to stamp an image in a colour and then watercolour with the
same colour to give it a washout effect but still showing some of the 
details of the stamp.

Here are some pictures to explain:


As you can see in the photos I have stamped the leave image....
Then used a mask to stamp the back image.....
I then squish some ink onto the top of my Ink Pad of the same colour
and start colouring with an Aqua Painter....to do this I start in 
the middle of the image and work my way out to the edge and 
the ink becomes more watered down.  Allow the first image to dry 
before starting on the next.

I then Stamp a separate image on another piece of Watercolour Paper and
cut it out using the Thinlits dies....and colour in the same manner..

Here is the finished result:


As you can see the results are really good and they look great on 
all sorts of cards.

Don't forget to have a look around at all the other great creations in
the blog hop today....simply by clicking on the other names in the list.

Thanks so much for stopping by....I hope you have an awesome
weekend.....Until Next Month....

Happy Stampin'

Vicki xxx





No comments:

Post a Comment